Barksdale Cancer Foundation Seeks Scholarship Applicants
The Barksdale Cancer Foundation (BCF), is seeking applicants for its annual $1,000 scholarship, which will be given to a graduating Charlotte County student who is pursuing a career in the medical field.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must:
- Be a Charlotte County resident
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be pursuing an associate or baccalaureate degree in an institute of higher learning in the medical field
- Submit an official transcript with the school seal and an authorized official’s signature
- Submit a signed application (original signature only)
- Write an essay between 250 and 500 words on the following topic: What medical field have you chosen and why?
- Provide proof of enrollment in a college or university. This can be in the form of a letter from the school stating that the student is enrolled, copy of a bill from the school, or other proof deemed acceptable by the Foundation.
It is the student’s responsibility to provide this proof.
Applications are available from the guidance offices at Randolph-Henry High School, Fuqua School or via BCF’s website, www.barksdalecancerfou.wixsite.com/mysite.
Completed applications should be mailed to Barksdale Cancer Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Committee, P. O. Box 225, Charlotte Court House, VA 23923.
Applications are due on or before April 15, 2020.
The Barksdale Cancer Foundation (BCF), is seeking applicants for its annual $1,000 scholarship, which will be given to a graduating... read more